Friday, April 27, 2018

Fifty years! It’s a historic rock ’n’roll high school reunion between Brian Wilson & Chris Montez on PleaseKillMe.com!


Hey! I’ve posted more times in the past few weeks than I have in the year I was released -- err,  checked out -- of Her Majesty’s guest lodging, all because my pals are keeping more busy than ever, what with books, stories and film offerings.  The latest is the reunion, after fifty years, of a couple of high school buddies: Beach Boys superstar Brian Wilson and rock ’n’ roll legend Chris Montez.  


The video and story come from my former boss, colleague, competitor-- whatever you wanna call him, I call him “pally” --  Burt Kearns.  He shot the scene for his movie, El Viaje Musical de Ezekiel Montanez: The Chris Montez Story, the documentary that was previewed at Beatles fan conventions and film festivals a few years back and is still in the works.


The story and exclusive video are posted on PleaseKillMe.com, that website based on his old pal Legs McNeil’s  (with the statuesque Gillian McCain) punk rock history book.  (Back in March, Burt and Jeff Abraham wrote a tee-rific piece on my old drinking galpal, Rusty Warren, she of the bawdy tunes and comedy elpees of the Sixties).



You can click here to see the video and read the story on the Please Kill Me site.

No comments:

Post a Comment